Communications & Video
The Communications Ministry oversees the church’s brand and manages and creates all written and visual content for web, graphics, print, digital, social media, and video communications at SBC. If you are creative and enjoy working in a fast-paced, hands-on environment that supports all the ministries of SBC, serving in Communications may be right for you.
Currently, the Communication Team has volunteer opportunities in the following areas:
Creative Designer/Set Building:
- Help create and design different displays throughout the year. Also need help building backdrops and sets. Volunteers are needed at various times throughout the year (all campuses).
- Seeking photographers at all campuses on weekdays/nights and Sundays. Volunteers must have their own DSLR camera or Mirrorless camera with the capability to shoot RAW photos. Training will be provided.
Poster Printing & Assembly Volunteer:
- This role involves printing and assembly of posters for classes, events, and weekend services. Time commitment is approximately 1-2 hours per week, with flexibility, and the preferred days to serve are Wednesday afternoons or Thursday mornings at the Shea Campus.
Social Media Volunteers:
- Social Media Managers: Volunteers in this role are expected to coordinate and schedule posts throughout the week for the account that they are managing. This role is flexible and can be completed from home.
- Social Media Video Editor: Volunteers in this role should be experienced with video editing software (ex. Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro). You should expect to edit video highlights from the weekend that will be posted throughout the week. This role is flexible and can be completed from home.
- Social Media Graphic Designer: Volunteers in this role should be experienced with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. You will be expected to create graphics that follow our current sermon series branding. These graphics will be posted throughout the week on our social media pages. This role is flexible and can be completed from home.
Videography/Film Team Volunteers:
- Weekend/Event Shooters: Volunteers in this role should be experienced with a camera and shot composition. You may have the opportunity to shoot footage at weekend services and special events. Time commitment is usually 2-3 hours per assignment. Roles available at all of our campuses.
- Project Editors: Volunteers in this role will work on various projects as needed and should be experienced with video editing software. Most projects will require approximately a 5-hour commitment. Online training resources can be provided. This role is flexible and can be completed from home.
- Set Hands (grips/PAs): This volunteer role requires the least amount of experience and involves helping with sets and preparing video shoots. Most volunteer opportunities will require a 4-5-hour window. Training involves learning the video team kit and how to set-up a shoot and put away equipment. This role is based out of our Shea campus, but travel to our other campuses and off-site locations are possible. Video shoots are primarily shot on weekdays.
If you would like to pursue a volunteer role within our Communications Ministry, please click Connect below to input your contact information. Please indicate in the Comments field which role you are interested in.