Tech & Production
Our Tech & Production Ministry works behind the scenes to ensure everything happening on stage is being supported with great sound, lighting, and video, allowing all who attend services, as well as those watching online, are able to encounter the life-changing truth of the gospel. Most volunteers do not need previous experience and will be trained by our Tech staff on broadcast-quality equipment including cameras, lighting, lyric and sermon slides, and video switcher. Tech & Production Team members serve at all Sunday morning services (7am-12:45pm) on the weekends they're scheduled. Unless otherwise noted, positions are available at all of our campuses.
- Audio Assistant: Help with audio prior to weekend services. This is best suited for someone who is comfortable with technology and has some experience in audio. Training is provided.
- Audio Engineer: Provide front-of-house sound mixing. Majority of work will be in the support of weekday/weeknight ministry programs on campus and some special events. Training is provided.
- Camera Operator: These cameras are responsible for producing the images that are on the screens in the Shea Worship Center and streamed to the other campuses. Training is provided.
- Creative Designer: Help design stage sets and artwork for each series of sermons, special events, and seasonal decor.
- IT Volunteer: Assist with IT support throughout the weekday/weeknight programming.
- Lighting Console Operator: Responsibilities range from triggering pre-programmed light cues to learning how to program/edit light cues. In addition, this position may be asked to assist the staff in the servicing, placing, and focusing of theatrical lights in the Worship Center catwalks. Training is provided.
- Lyric Operator: Serve in the sound booth running the ProPresenter program, which is used for lyrics, playing videos, and the slides. Training is provided.
- Media Volunteer: Organize our archive of CD's and DVD's of our past sermons. This is a one-time project that would take an estimated 10-15 hours to complete and is flexible to your schedule (Shea campus only).
- Producer: Work with the Video Director to facilitate the running of the weekend services.
- Sermon DVD Volunteer: Fulfill requests for CD's & DVD's of the weekly sermon or previous messages. Some computer experience is helpful. This is a weekly position and can be flexible to your schedule (Shea campus only).
- Set Building: Help build stage sets for each series of sermons & special events.
- Stage Set-Up Technician: Assist in setting up and/or breaking down the equipment needed in the various venues. Specific tasks include wrapping audio cables, setting up microphones, moving audio equipment, etc. This is a weekday volunteer position.
- Video Editor: Edit video programs to meet the needs of the different ministries at SBC using the volunteer editing station and Final Cut Pro software. This role can be done at any time (Shea campus only).
If you would like to pursue a volunteer role within our Tech & Production Ministry, please click Connect below to input your contact information. Please indicate in the Comments field which role you are interested in.